Sunday, January 18, 2015

Getting in the Swing of Things
2/365

Well, I landed in Hawaii last Tuesday (today is Sunday), after a delayed departure, a missed connection, a re-routing, a long, long trip and many plane changes which unexpectedly included having to go through security again with very little time to spare.  I did a lot of jogging in between flights and managed to get to one of my connections just as the passengers were half boarded.

Because of the change in itinerary, my luggage didn't arrive until two days after I did.
  It all worked out though, and the flights themselves were uneventful...

I woke up the next day with a cold.  No warning, just, BAM, there it was!  
It could have been worse though, it could have been the flu.  

But between: 

1)  wearing the same clothes for 3 days straight, 
2)  jet lag, 
3)  the stinkin' head cold, 
 4)  the atmosphere loaded with oppressive VOG, 
and 
5)  discovering that my car wouldn't start and having to take it to 
the shop to find the cause, it was a miserable few days.

I'm finally on the mend.  I feel a little better each day and I took my camera out of the bag for the first time yesterday.  That's always a pick-me-upper!

Today I took a short walk with my camera.  There isn't too much to photograph here in the development, but I got a few images of some foliage.

So just for the sake of posting something, here ya go.



1 comment:

Trisha said...

So sorry to hear about your miserable, horrible journey, and the cold you woke up to the next day…followed by car troubles. Glad you're feeling better now!

You hit it out of the park with image #2! I love the perspective and framing and…DARN…I can't think of the word I want to use (it's floating out there, just beyond my grasp)! Anyway, I really love image #2….it's a keeper for your album "Paradise 2015." :-)