Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ALL THE CLICHES

You know those cliches that talk about living in the moment? Like:

*Stop and smell the roses

*You only have one go-around in this life

*Don't save the "good" dishes, use them now

*Every day is a gift

*Don't go to bed angry

*You don't know what the future holds

*Live like you were dying (from a wonderful Country song)

*If life hands you lemons, make lemonade

Well...all the cliches are true. Don't take your life for granted, count your blessings, don't grieve the past, but don't live for the future. Cherish your friends and family.

Psalm 139:16--Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.

My friend and sister in the Lord, Louise, very admirably lived out each and every day the Lord had fashioned for her. She went to be with her Lord on Monday, Jan. 19, 2010. We will miss her, and her memory and testimony will live with each of us until we're called to join her.

2 comments:

trishalyn said...

I'm very sorry about your friend, Linda. That is a beautiful portrait and lovely tribute to her.

Anonymous said...

I said this before when I first saw this..and I keep going back to read it again...sent it out on the prayer chain and also so some other friends and they were really touched by the tribute...
I know all of us at Covenant appreciated it...
Thank you for your loving heart and the ability to express your thoughts so beautifully....Jean