Friday, December 02, 2011

Decorating and Cookies

The first weekend of December is when our church gets decorated for Christmas.  This year it was combined with the cookie baking and packaging by the teens.  The cookies will be distributed to the neighborhood families along with an invitation to attend our Carol-sing a week from now. 

We cranked up the Christmas music and did the decorating and cookies.  Some of the cookies were already made, some were baked on-site by the teens. 

Decorating is not my strong suit.  I do little-to-none in my house, but as the saying goes, "many hands make light work".  We finished in record time, and then I cajoled everyone to go into the kitchen (the brightest room in the church--and isn't the kitchen the heart of the house for any family?) for a group shot.  And, unlike trying to get my biological family together for a group photo, NO ONE COMPLAINED!!!  Be still my heart.



Amazingly I didn't eat a single cookie.  This dieting through the holidays is working out great.  I'll be a few pounds down by the end of Dec. 


Funny thing is, I brought my tripod to church specifically so I could join the group in the photo.  When I said, "okay, we're done", I realized I hadn't gotten into any of the shots.  But people scattered the instant I said that, so there was no getting them back together.  Sigh.

1 comment:

trishalyn said...

Enjoyed the story...and loved the group shot! Looks like everyone was having fun! :-)