Saturday, December 17, 2011

The First Game

Well, another grandchild has joined the ranks in the basketball world.  Jacob played his first-ever game this morning.  The team was made up of a mixture of 3rd & 4th graders.  Several of the 4th graders played last year, but it was the first game for Jacob and most of the other 3rd graders.  It was very impressive. 

I think there are going to be some really good ball players coming out of this group of boys.

Jacob was so cute yesterday when I was asking him about the up-coming game. 

Jacob:  I love basketball.  If there's a flat surface and a basketball hoop, then I'm there playing basketball.
Me:  I didn't know that, I didn't know you liked the game so much.
Jacob:  I play with Mace (his older brother who has been highlighted in this blog in past posts) as much as I can.
Me:  That's great that you like the game so much.
Jacob:  Yup--Mace taught me everything I know.  (Jacob is 8--"taught me everything I know" cracks me up). 

It will be a lot of fun watching him grow into the game as he gets older. 





Once again--camera was on 3200 iso and I still got movement and soft images.  I didn't want to use flash.  I was afraid it might be distracting to the boys.  But what I got is better than nothing.

1 comment:

trishalyn said...

I love these shots!!! (There's the pun thing again...LOL!)