Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Project
62/365

I'm working on a project that requires specific images.  I went out today to see what I could get without having to travel too far from home.  It was already late in the afternoon, and tomorrow a friend and I are going shooting and will probably have to travel quite far.

These are not the exact images I'm using for the project--I don't want to give anything away, but they'll be similar.  

This first image is of a local country church that is now a historical society.  There's a great little cemetery on the side and back of this church where I also spent some time photographing.


A little farther on down the road is this great Forest Preserve.  Now, where I live, a forest preserve may not sound like such a unique environment since I'm at the foothills of the Great Adirondack Park, but this is one area where there's a nice foot trail providing an easy walk and it's only about 10 minutes from my house as opposed to the two hours it usually takes to get to our hike destinations.

I didn't go too far into the forest because within about 2 feet of the entrance I was being eaten by bugs and, of course, I didn't have any bug spray with me.  I still like the images I got.


1 comment:

trishalyn said...

Love the unique perspective of the b/w church image! Can't wait to hear more about your project!!! :-)