Sunday, November 18, 2012

Scavenger Hunt #18--"Something with Stripes"
131/366

When I got the news that the scavenger hunt theme was "something with stripes", I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to find a photo op for the topic.  

We have a glass enclosed porch and several months ago my husband hung an American flag in one of the window sections.  I thought this would make a great photo for the theme.  I kept looking at it from the outside, but this afternoon I walked past the porch and saw how great it looked from the inside.  So here it is.  I know the flag is pretty cliche for "something with stripes" but I love the way the flag looks with the light coming through it...


Another thought I had was this window with these blinds.  The afternoon sun comes directly in this window, casting the most beautiful soft yellow light into the room.  The slats of the blinds make great stripes.


When I crack the blinds open, the sun creates a beautiful striped pattern on the wall...


2 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Great minds think alike! the flag is great. I really love the second photo where you used the light to your advantage to create quite a soothing mood. Nice job!

trishalyn said...

The backlighting in the first image really makes the colors pop on that flag...I love it!!!

Wonderful shot of the blinds in image #2...the slats make great stripes, and the lighting is lovely. Window shots are always a favorite for me.

Cool striped shadows in image #3 and I like the overall tone. Very creative!

Beautiful photos and nice hunting job! :-)