Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thumbprint Practice
130/366

A couple of weeks ago, a young friend of mine posted a picture of these cookies on Facebook....well, okay, not these exact same ones.  I think hers looked a wee bit better than these.

Anyway, I think I've only made this kind of cookie once or twice in my entire life, and that was a long, long time ago.  So I decided to do some thumbprint practice this morning.  They didn't turn out too bad taste-wise, but I was reminded about how bad I am at decorating.  You should see my cakes, sheesh!

Funny thing about the recipe though.  It said to use about two teaspoons of dough for each cookie and that the recipe would make 4 dozen.  I thought that was too much dough, so I cut it down to one teaspoon per cookie and it only made 3 dozen.  What's up with that?  If I had done what the recipe said, it might have yielded 5 cookies total!


They're kind of fussy to make, so I probably won't be making them too often.  But I'm glad I did today.

2 comments:

trishalyn said...

Your cookies look delicious! Love the image, too. I think you should write a cookbook. You can start with these cookies! :-)

Never Settled said...

You should make them just once more...so there's some for me to eat when I get there!