Friday, October 04, 2013

First Photo Shoot in Chiang Mai, Thailand
72/365

Trying to play catch-up.  I arrived in Chiang Mai on Tues morning, Oct 2.  (It is now Sat, Oct 6)  At least it was Tues morning in Thailand.  It was only Mon morning in NY.  There's a 12 hour + 1 day time difference.  So if it is 6 pm on Mon in NY, it is 6 am on Tues in Thailand.  Even though it sounds pretty straight-forward, it's very confusing when trying to figure it out in your head.

Anyway, these are a few images from my first photo shoot in Chiang Mai.  I stayed at a retreat center called Juniper Tree for the first two days.  There was a young woman there who wanted to go into the town to do some sightseeing and she invited me along.  By the time we arrived in town, it was raining so we had to stand around waiting for the rain to slow down and hopefully stop.  

We were soon able to begin our walk.  My companion was the first to get her camera out and start snapping away.  She had a point and shoot but I could tell she probably uses it a lot and likes to take photos.  

The sidewalks are very narrow and difficult to navigate because of obstructions, driveways and poor conditions, so it was an adventure in itself to walk along, look for photos ops (which really aren't hard to find), watch out for traffic, and stay somewhat connected to my new friend.

I made the executive decision to leave my tripod home.  I had a suspicion that I wouldn't be able to use it much, at least in the city, because of 1) crowded conditions and 2) I'm not with a group of photographers on this trip.  So even though I hyperventilated at the thought of being "tripod-less", it was a wise decision, at least so far.  I did, however, bring a monopod which I may or may not use.

The following three photos are 1-image HDR images.




1 comment:

trishalyn said...

I'm playing catch-up, too! :-)

These are beautiful, Linda! Wow...you're off to a wonderful start. I can't wait to see what else you capture in Thailand!!! :-)