Saturday, December 21, 2013

Winter Fog
81/365

Where I live, the closest Starbucks is inside a Target store.  It serves the same items and has the same logo, but it's totally missing the ambiance.  

The next closest one is about 40 minutes away.  It's a stand-alone shop, and it has some of the ambiance that Starbucks is known for, but it doesn't have any outside seating for the warmer seasons.

On my way home from the granddaughter's soccer game this morning, I stopped at that stand-alone Starbucks to get an ice-coffee. I wasn't going to get any pastry until I saw....wait for it....their seasonal

Cranberry.    Bliss.    Bar!!!

If I had had my computer or kindle with me, I would have made myself comfortable and settled in for a while to enjoy the coffee and bar.  But instead, I spent some time photographing my goodies and then got in my car and enjoyed them while driving home.  It wasn't the same, but the bar tasted just as good.


Our temps today were a balmy 45 or so.  As a result, there was fog all over and since the next "assignment" for my photo group is 'Dreamy', I pulled the car over, grabbed my trusty point-and-shoot and did the best I could.  I really wanted to get out of the car and stand in the middle of the road, but it was raining and I didn't want my camera to get wet.  Maybe next time.


1 comment:

Trisha said...

I enjoyed reading about your day. Glad you treated yourself at Starbucks! :-)

Nice interpretation of "Dreamy." The oncoming vehicle and the highway sign add interesting elements to your composition.

Oh darn…why didn't I think to capture that fog for our assignment?!