Thursday, June 16, 2016

Minekill State Park Hike
5/366

Minekill State Park is in Blenheim, NY.  It's a beautiful drive south on Rt. 30 from Amsterdam.  The weather was spectacular and we had a great time.  Four of us were available for this hike.  Doing these phone selfies is still a challenge for me, but it seems to be getting a little easier.

This "hike" is not up a mountain, but it still provided quite a challenge.  There weren't too many photo ops along the way so I somewhat regretted schlepping my grown-up camera with me, but it's over and done and I survived.




Time for a snack.  I don't know where the heck I was looking, but it's still a cute pic.
There weren't many people on this trail.  Some school kids were on a field trip, but I didn't want to take the chance of asking for their photos.  We did, however, come upon this amenable bus driver who was reading the paper on his bus while he waited for the kids to return.  He seemed glad to have company and conversation for a few minutes.

I'm retired.  I decided to get a job as a bus driver after I retired from my regular job.

Now let me pose for a photo with your friends.

We're from Oregon.  We just dropped our daughter off at an
acting camp in NYC for two weeks.
We're traveling around to see some of the
Catskills and Adirondacks and do some hiking.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

GREAT images...GREAT stories...GREAT memories!!! <3 <3 <3

HONY HIKERS ROCKS!!! :-D