Wednesday, November 25, 2020

 10/366

The Good & the Bad

I didn't have plans for today (the day before Thanksgiving) except to do a little baking as my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, but my daughter asked me to pick up an online order from the Carter's store.

The Bad News First

As I drove down the road I heard what I thought was the sound of a flat tire.  Ugh.  So I went immediately to a shop and sure enough, not only was the tire just about flat, but there was a HUGE screw in it so there's no salvaging it.

The tread on the opposite tire is pretty low.  The guy recommended getting two tires so they would match in tread and wear.  I decided to go for the entire 4 tires since the other two will need to be replaced in the near future any way.  I was expecting this to happen pretty soon, so now it will just be done and I won't have to think about it for at least a couple of years.


Now for the Good News
When I got to the Carter's store I couldn't resist looking at all the cute clothes they have for babies and toddlers. When my kiddos were little I was somewhat of a clothing snob (although not for myself) and I always shopped at a local children's shop.  I would wait until they had their seasonal sale and go in and buy the size I thought the kids would be the following year.  It always worked out well and I saved a ton of money doing that.
So I was looking around and I saw a display labeled Door Busters.
I found these 5 onesies for the amazing price of $10~~Carter's brand no less, and I can return them if my daughter doesn't like them, which isn't likely.
The grand baby will be 2 next summer and these will be perfect for her then.  SCORE!!

No comments: