Sunday, December 05, 2021


 36/365    

Some of My Favorite Books

There have been other times when I've posted photos of a pile of books, but I decided to do it again because they were composed differently than this one.  

When I moved I got rid of most of my books and only brought my absolute favorites with me so I could read them again.  And read them again I did.

There's a new one on this shelf though.  "Bonhoeffer".  One of the best books I've read in a long while.  Full of the history of how Hitler took over Germany before and during WWII.  Bonhoeffer was a believing Christian who saw the writing on the wall almost immediately.  He became a pastor and spent many years teaching/preaching God's Word while at the same time being part of a group that attempted to assassinate Hitler.

All assassination  attempts failed and Bonhoeffer was ultimately put in prison and then a concentration camp where he was murdered only weeks before the war ended.

It's a history book that should be read by everyone, especially these days.  Be warned.


No comments: