Monday, February 19, 2024

47/366
Dying Rose

Someone gave me a rose as a thank-you.  I stuck it into a jar where I was rooting a shoot from a plant I have. They thrived together very nicely, but now the rose is pretty much dead and many of the petals have fallen.  I haven't touched it, I like the way it looks and I knew I would get a photo of it sooner or later. If I can get motivated, I'll try to figure out a few other photos with the dead petals and what's left of the rose on the stem.

I'm grateful for:
beautiful nature

1 comment:

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Linda: I love photographing flowers and plants that are past their prime (just like I am!) Kathy is wanting to cut things down in the fall and I want to leave them standing to see how they deteriorate. Many times they have a certain beauty after they have passed. This photo stopped me right away because of the subject and discovering that you like less than perfect flowers as well!