Saturday, April 06, 2024

93/366
Abandoned Garage Interior

I visited a town I never heard of until the other day.  Lueders, TX.  The Main Street is about 1.5 blocks long and consists of abandoned buildings except for the post office, the town hall and one convenience store. As of 2021 the population was 261.  It's a 45 minute drive from Abilene, and I don't know what other towns is might be close to, ie, where do those residents grocery shop, get gas, work???
 
This is the interior of a gas station on Main Street that looks like it's been abandoned for a very long time.  It has the typical Texas awning out front, but no gas pumps.

My heart is grateful that:
I was able to see the grandkids get tested for their martial arts class and move into the next group yesterday.  

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

Desolate is the word that comes to mind.