Saturday, June 01, 2024

135/366
Airport Store

I was in the airport for an incredibly long time.  My flight was delayed about three times and then finally, when we were in line to board, the flight was canceled because of bad weather.  So, because it was canceled due to bad weather, none of us were issued vouchers for an overnight stay at a motel. 

Most of us spent between 4-5 hours standing in line to rebook our flights.  
The line crept along.  No one got angry, no one became cantankerous.  We all just waited our turns.  The only thing that was a benefit to me in that very long wait was that the guy behind me started a conversation and we talked about 30 random topics through the entire unpleasant ordeal.

By the time I got to the booking window it was probably 1:30 am.  The soonest flight they could get me
on was at around 2 pm, so that was another 12 hour wait.

About an hour before boarding, it finally occurred to me to get my camera out of my bag and start taking photos. Duh!!!  At that point in time I couldn't go very far from my gate because I didn't want to miss my plane so I was pretty limited in what I could photograph.

I watched this store close the night before and then I watched it open back up in the morning.  I thought it was pretty interesting and even though I waited quite a while for that guy to move, he was engrossed with something on his phone, so I just decided to grab the shot and move along to another image.

My heart is grateful today:
that I was able to get out and get some images in a different place for a change

No comments: