Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Roadblock

On my way to a graduation party yesterday, I encountered a roadblock. I was already a little later than I had intended to be, but you know how graduation parties are--come when you can and leave when you want to... so I just put the car in park and decided to wait and "smell the roses".

This roadblock was for a parade. A parade? I wondered what the occasion was, but there was no one standing near me to ask. So I just got out of the car, grabbed my camera, and took pictures. Nothing too exciting or award winning--just images of another small-town parade with an over abundance of fire engines from various volunteer fire departments...

When it finally ended, I proceeded to the party. I found out then that the parade was in honor of the 60th anniversary of that town's volunteer department.Congratulations to them!


This decal was on the side of one of the fire trucks.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely , Lovely...nothing like a good old fashioned small town event...wish there were more of these types of celebrations. Loved the decal....Jean

Bridget said...

what a great road block!
i love the 2nd and the last.
they are all about small town celebrations.
i am happy you had your camera .

trishalyn said...

Talk about being in the right place at the right time!!! :-)

These are great, Linda!