Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Basketball Game

Well, high school basketball season has begun.  Tonight was the first game I was able to attend.  However, I made a really bad decision when with my camera of choice for the event. 

Once there, however, it was a done deal and I had to make the best of it.  Highest iso on the camera, which created noise, and horrors of horrors, I had to use my flash.  On-camera flash in a gym is almost as bad as trying to take photos of the moon with a flash.

Anyway, grandson #1 was a starter and played for most of the game (until he got hurt in the 4th quarter).  So even though the images are not great, or even "as good" as many of the others I've taken in past years, they're tolerable and definitely record the event.






Note to self:  Don't be so lazy next time--get the big-boy camera ready ahead of time so there are no excuses...and no regrets.

2 comments:

trishalyn said...

Considering your tool, these are wonderful!!! #1 is my favorite...terrific action shot!

I was struck by the empty bleachers, though. When I was in high school, the bleachers were always packed with supporters!

~she~ said...

I wish I understood all the technicalites of cameras and shooting options. Sigh...some day.