Tuesday, July 10, 2012

As Per Suggested
84/365

I'm a big fan of cropping out distracting elements in my images.  I do it in-camera as much as possible. If not possible, I don't mind cropping a little post-production.  I also enjoy the "square" format you can often edit if you take the photo properly.

Yesterday I posted two images of some lilies that I have in my mini-garden.  Neither of those two above concepts occurred to me.  Duh!!  Sometimes I just let myself get into a mental rut and then I wonder why my images are so boring and ordinary.

A friend commented on the post and suggested I crop this image into a square.  Another duh!!!
So....as per suggested, here it is.

original

So much better.  Thanks, Jeff.

cropped

1 comment:

trishalyn said...

Wow...your friend was right! The cropped version is awesome!!! I'm just mad that I didn't think of it myself! :-)