Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Some Time in Albany
31/365

 A friend and I decided to go to downtown Albany to photograph the architecture at dusk.  It was supposed to be a nice day, but as we began the drive the rain started.  Even though we were a little discouraged, we were determined to keep going since we had cancelled the same fieldtrip last week because of the rain.

When we arrived it was still raining but the Egg sheltered us and in just a short while the rain stopped.   There's not much more of a story to this.  We photographed until it was almost dark and we were cold enough that it wasn't enjoyable any more.

I think the rain was a blessing in disguise because of the interesting shiny patterns left on the ground.  


Still some nice color on the trees in the background




1 comment:

Trisha said...

WOW…VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! I was feeling sorry for you last night with the cold, windy, wet weather. But you turned lemons into lemonade. Oh my gosh…these are awesome!!!!! My favorite is the last one. I love the composition…the way you used the sculpture to frame the building in the background. Also love the color of the sky and the reflections on the ground…the rain really did you a favor! Now I'm feeling sorry for myself…and my missed opportunity!