Saturday, May 25, 2019

3/365
My Random Days

I've been such a slacker about posting to this blog.  It's a situation that's been getting worse and worse over the years.  Why?  I don't know.  But I haven't been inactive.  

My hiking group, taken last fall before I left for Hawaii.
I'm posting a photo-a-day on Flickr and a photo-a-week in another forum through facebook.  I guess it's easier in those places because I don't have to think of what to say.

Taken at the Mall in Albany, NY.  Capitol building in background.
My life situation is changing.  I'm currently living in a small tow-behind trailer on my daughter's property and will soon be relocating to Texas to be with my other daughter who is having her second baby at the end of July.  I've never even wanted to visit Texas, let alone live there but 
I've learned along the way never say "never" to God.  He just laughs
and you usually wind up doing the thing you most don't want to do or are afraid to do.

So here I go on a new adventure.  I've secured an apartment (oh the joy of living alone!!), I found a church, I know where the Starbucks is and the library and the other coffee shop, and a photo group and I've googled a few hiking trails (if you can call it hiking in flat Texas).  

Sunday afternoon in downtown Abilene
Now I just have to work on finding or establishing a book group, a sewing group and finding all new medical/dental providers and I'll be good to go.  I'll be about 20 minutes from my daughter.

So in the meantime I spend my days running errands, making plans, finishing up my doctor/dentist appointments, attending the grandkid's spring concerts and grandson's AAU basketball games, telling my friends I'm leaving and trying to spend some time with them, and of course, taking photos. 


I'm also knitting a baby blanket~~I started it mainly to have something to do in the evenings but then I remembered a friend's son is having their first baby in July, so that works out great.   

Beautiful color blue for new baby boy. (pic is not true to color)

Granddaughter's spring concert.  Band & chorus.

 So now we're just waiting for spring to arrive for real here in upstate NY.  There's hope...I guess.  It was 43 this morning and it's Memorial Day weekend.  Sheesh.

         


No comments: