Thursday, April 02, 2020

1/366
In The Midst of the Virus

The United States, along with other areas in the world, is currently in the throes of the Coronavirus19.  It's a drag and it's scary.  The isolation might do just as much damage as the virus, although that statement might be a stretch.

Since I haven't posted in such a long time, I just gathered together a few photos I've taken over the past several months.  I still try to get out every day and always have my camera with me, but my local West Texas area is pretty void of photo ops.

Several months ago I signed up to take horseback riding lessons.  After each lesson I stick around and try to get some good shots.    It's still winter here in West Texas, so it's not very green or lush.
I was hoping I could get to some ranch rodeos this spring, but I guess those plans are on hold this year.


When I first relocated here I managed to connect with a local photographer who was looking for an assistant.  This was from a senior photo shoot~~the mom and brother were checking out some of his shots.  It was a beautiful day, but again, not very green.  This shoot was completed before "social distancing" became the norm.  How I long for those days again.


One of the local collages has several of these very cool sculptures outside the library.  


There's an historical village not too far outside of town.  I went there one day to see what I could get photos of.  Unfortunately it had just rained and they wouldn't allow anyone inside the buildings in an effort to preserve the structures, so I was only able to walk around outside.  This building was obviously the barber shop. 


Hopeful we won't be required by the gov't to stay inside our homes and I'll still be able to get out to public outdoor places even if I am alone.  In that case I can still be making photos even if I am alone.
God have mercy on our country and the rest of the world.

1 comment:

~she~ said...

Hi Linda! I don't know if you remember me, but I used to read your blog quite a bit back in the day. It's nice to see that you still get on from time to time. I've neglected mine for so long that I couldn't even remember my password. I returned this week for some much needed writing therapy.

I'll have to catch up on some of your photos that I've missed. I always enjoyed browsing your site. I hope all is well. :)

She