Monday, October 09, 2023

281/365
Scarecrow and Pumpkins

I'm not a fan of Halloween. Never have been.  Sometimes, if the decorations aren't too disgusting, I think they're cute.  

This display was outside the local YMCA.  The scarecrow is animated and randomly begins to move and say things and the pumpkins are inflatables.  

I miss the days when the grandkids were young enough to enjoy coming to my house and carving pumpkins.  We would usually make a day of it, culminating with the carving and putting candles in them once it was dark outside.  
Those days, sadly, are gone.

My heart is grateful that:
I had those fun times with the grandkids and we all still have the memories

1 comment:

Donna said...

Time certainly has a way of putting us in our place...so many memories...
Big Hug, my friend...
Donna