Sunday, December 20, 2009

Not Much Motivation

I haven't posted much lately. This lapse, following on the heels of a year of daily posts , is discouraging (but if truth be told, I missed a few days during that year). For those who may be new to this blog, several friends and I committed to taking and posting at least one photo a day for a year. Several of them were so faithful they never missed a day, the others of us missed a few--mostly due to work constraints or computer issues. The challenge began on Oct. 1, and ended on this past Sept. 30, one year later.

One of my other friends, bless her heart, tells me that she still comes to my blog daily, only to see the same post for weeks at a time. She says it as a casual statement, not as an accusation. But I'm convicted, nonetheless.

I just don't have much motivation. Maybe I need to challenge myself to another year of daily photos--even if I use photos I've already taken. Maybe I have to stop playing Bejeweled on facebook. That's probably more the issue.

Anyway, I went shopping with a couple of friends the other day. It was one of those "desperation" shopping days. You know the kind--"I haven't done any Christmas shopping YET, and there's only 10 days until Christmas, so if I don't do it now, it will never get done. Let's get going! " We were on a mission, that's for sure.

Well, the mall wasn't very crowded, and by golly, we got it done! Whew. The first thing we saw when we entered the mall was this beautiful Christmas Tree. The photo doesn't do it justice.

After our marathon shopping spree, which only took us a few hours, we treated ourselves to lunch at the Olive Garden. Everything there is very, very delicious, so the decision was almost more nerve-wracking than the shopping.

Alice was done deciding, Jean was still thinking.

My choice: Chicken Parmigiana. It was as good as it looks, especially since I didn't have to cook it.

So all in all, it was a very productive day. So thank you, my friends, for the company and the laughs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a special day..and the fellowship was a blessing..AND..needless to say ..the food was yummy...even if I did take a while to decide..everything there is soooo good it is hard to make a choice. I love the way Alice is looking at me in the one shot..as if to say "order already!!" j

trishalyn said...

Thanks for sharing your day...and your thoughts...with us!

I love the image of your friend, Alice, looking at your friend, Jean. Alice's expression is priceless!

Glad to see a new posting (I check every day, too!). Merry Christmas!!! :-)

philmary said...

You know what I like ..The food..Chicken Parm ,out for a lunch date

Liked your card