Monday, December 07, 2009

So Who Does It?

So we live in upstate NY. It gets cold and it snows in the winter.

It snowed yesterday. Not much, but enough that there's still snow on the ground and trees.

My question is: when you live in upstate NY and it's winter and it's finally time to put the snow tires on the car, and your husband is still recovering from a back injury, who gets to change the tires, Who Does It?

The answer is: Me!

Okay. Now I've changed tires before. I learned to do that a long, long time ago because I never wanted to be stranded on the road, or dependent on calling home and waiting to be rescued. Back in those days I couldn't afford Road Service.

But, multiply that by 5--yeah, I know a car only has four wheels, but my husband needed one of his truck tires changed too, and add to it that there was snow on the ground and that it was cold (but mercifully not windy).

Frank made it a little easier by giving me pointers on how to do things more efficiently.



I decided that I'd make the chore as tolerable as I could. I found my "Blue Crush" cd, put it in the car cd player, opened the car windows, turned up the volume and danced my way through the job. (okay, it might be a little pathetic that I love "Blue Crush", the movie, but I do)


Okay, the job's done and now I won't have to hyperventilate the next time I have to drive in the snow. I still won't like it, but I'll feel safer.

Check out the post below. It's a new one too.

3 comments:

philmary said...

Awesome !!! 5 tires in the snow/ long time ago stopped doing that

trishalyn said...

Have you ever thought of ALL WEATHER TIRES? :-) You deserve a lot of credit for tackling such an unpleasant task...I certainly couldn't have done it!

Great job all around...changing the tires, capturing the images...and your story about it! :-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

I agree with the other comments, good for you! Nice series of photos to match your task. You must have felt accomplished at the end of the process.