Thursday, May 26, 2011

In Reply...

I received a comment on my post from yesterday from "anonymous".  No name was left, so I really don't have a clue who this is.  But, in reply to the admonition to "count my blessings", here's the thing: 

I DO count my blessings...
every day...
constantly throughout each day. 
I know from Whom
my blessings come
and He receives the praise and glory for them.

Counting my blessings, however, does not negate the sin, wickedness,
injustice and foolishness that abounds in this world. 

Counting my blessings doesn't make Lady Gaga's
(and others like her and worse than her)
influence on young girls any more righteous.

Counting my blessings doesn't make government control over
our lives and over our parenting rights any more acceptable. 

Counting my blessings doesn't make it okay for the government
(federal or local) to bleed us dry financially because of their mismanagement of our funds.


So, dear reader, that's my rant for the day.  I do wonder, though...if you can read headlines like those (and others which are much, much worse) and not get upset, then maybe I'm not the only one with her head in the sand.  If you haven't read "1984", seriously...do yourself a favor and read it asap.

One (and only one of a gazillion) blessing in my life today is
the beautiful flower basket my daughter gave me for Mother's Day.  

3 comments:

~she~ said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog layout. It was way too busy before but I just couldn't get it how I wanted it. I think I'll leave it alone for a while now.

Your basket of flowers is beautiful! I hope it lasts a long time!

carolj said...

I love the idea that people can leave truly inspirational messages to friends, and make them know that they care. If we think of how we affect people, BEFORE WE WRITE THINGS THAT INSULT,we often get a much better result, and leave a better impression of just how much we care about them. There is truly enough hurt in the world already.

trishalyn said...

Gorgeous flowers...beautiful image!!! :-)