Friday, March 01, 2013

A Beach Day
26/365

I had plans today to head to the North Shore with a friend.  At the last minute, another friend joined us. The forecast was for high surf, so we thought there might be some competition at the beach.

First, though, we stopped to see if there were any turtles basking on the beach.  We hit the jackpot, there were three.


We continued on to Shark's Cove where there's a lot of reef, so when the surf is high, the waves crash against the reef and make great displays of pluming water.  This is one of my favorite places to photograph--even when it's calm it's very beautiful.


Our last stop was Sunset Beach where they hold surfing competitions when the surf is good.  We were lucky to find a parking space within walking distance of the beach, and we saw many of these lining the shore.  



In progress was a boogie-board competition.  There are no people in this scene because I'm going to use the one and only good shot I got tomorrow for my scavenger hunt photo.  Stay tuned.




1 comment:

trishalyn said...

Oh my gosh...I might as well forget even trying to capture this week's Scavenger Hunt photo! :-(

Once again, your images are outstanding!!! Even though I'm incredibly envious...keep them coming! :-)