Friday, January 01, 2021

1/365

January 1, 2021

When I was in high school I read the book "1984".  That was so far in the future it was beyond my comprehension that we would ever get to that year (really...it was only 20 years in the future).  Not only did I think that 20 years was forever, but I also thought the events in the book could NEVER come true.  

Well, here we are 56 years later and events today are looking more and more like we're living in the book. 

All of that has nothing to do with my post today.

I'm feeling motivated to take my photography and editing to a new level the way I was never interested in before, or actually that I never thought I could do before.  Even so, it's pretty elementary, but it all takes perseverance and determination to work at learning the skills.   

Where I live is pretty ugly and I'd have to travel to find anything interesting to photograph, so I've been concentrating a little more on still life and trying to learn how to apply textured backgrounds.

These are the same books as in the previous post, just a different set-up.  They've been my favorites for many years and I kept them with the thought that I wanted to read them again.  After I moved I did just that.  I read them all (including ones not in the photo) again.  And....I was correct. My memory served me well because they really are my favorites.

No comments: