Thursday, December 31, 2020

 30/366

New Year's Eve, Dec 31, 2020

I don't think there's a single person who's sorry to see this year end.  Because of God's grace, His will really will prevail and I've been praying that His will would be that things get better~~that the evil will be revealed and that goodness and sanity will prevail.

While I was trying to think of something to photograph today, I decided to try a still life of some of my favorite books.  Once upon a time when I was younger, I bought almost every book I wanted.  I had so many books I didn't have enough bookshelves.  Then I purchased a kindle and decided I didn't need or want all those hard copy books so I began getting rid of the ones I hadn't re-read or even handled for a long time.

Still.   Too.   Many.

When I knew I would be moving, I became brutal in riding myself of things I didn't need and didn't want to bring with me, especially since I was relocating to a much smaller space than I was used to.  I managed to hold onto a few of my favorite books, ones I knew I wanted to read again or share with other people.

These are just a handful of those favorites.  

Making this image also gave me a chance to practice a photoshop technique that I'm interested in.

So here's to a Happy New Year's and new year to y'all.

No comments: