Thursday, February 02, 2023

33/365
Winter

A few years ago when I relocated to central Texas from upstate NY, one of my major thoughts was that I'd never have to deal with winter/snow/freezing temperatures again.

Well, the joke's on me.  I had no idea that parts of Texas would deal with such intense winter conditions.  I sometimes compare our temps with those in Fairbanks, AK, and sadly, we're often colder (it's only for a short time but still.....)

So our garbage is collected every Monday and Thursday mornings.  This trash can has been at the curb since Monday.  It's Thursday morning and there hasn't been a collection yet.  I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.  When I went out there this morning, I saw the icicles hanging from the lid and had to get a pic before I destroyed the beauty of them.  If someone had designed this, they couldn't have done a more beautiful job.  
The driveway and streets aren't icy anymore but the grass and trash can haven't thawed yet.

My thankful for today:
Homemade soup in the fridge for dinner tonight

1 comment:

Donna said...

And if I'd read THIS post, I would have realised your location!lolol
It's just been super busy around here...
Big hugs to you and Stay Warm up there... We'll probably have another round before Easter but Nothing like NY! I was born in CT and still have relatives there...those 12ft snows are for the birds!! I'll take Texas winters anytime.
hugs
Donna