Monday, August 14, 2023

226/365
Combo Lock

About 14 years ago I started going to the Y regularly and I needed a combo lock for the locker so I got a Master Lock that was green. I managed to 
1) not lose it,
 2) not forget the combination, 
3) not have to buy another lock, 
4) love the color for all those years

Three weeks ago when I went to my locker,  I saw that the lock had been cut off and there was a note to talk to someone at the office for the explanation.  Someone had left something on the top shelf of the locker, out of sight, and because they couldn't find the owner of the lock, they had to cut it off to return the items to the owner.

I was a both annoyed and disappointed.  I'm a creature of habit and I really liked having the same green lock with the same combination and it was annoying to think that because someone else had been careless, I had to replace my lock. 

In the big scheme of things it was a small problem but for a couple of days I couldn't talk myself into going to the store for a new lock.  Then one day when I was shopping for something totally unrelated, there, right in front of me, was a section of Master Locks.  Bingo! and surprisingly I had no problem with learning/remembering the new combination.

I'm grateful that:
God answers prayer, sometimes with an interesting sense of humor

No comments: