Monday, August 05, 2024

200/366
Pickleball rackets

I accidentally got hooked on pickleball.  For 5-6 years I thought it was a stupid game and refused to even try playing it.
When I visited my son, he talked me into trying it, and the rest, as the saying goes, is history.
I play at the Y every day.  When the kiddos are out of school there's only one court available.  The rackets are piled in groups of 4 so when one game is over, the next 4 people can play.
The kids are going back to school soon so maybe there will be more playing time because the other side of the gym will be open for the game. 
(I've heard that for the past 3 years Pickleball is the FASTEST growing sport in America~~go figure!) 

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Pickleball is something that I've never seen played and I am not very athletic at all, so chances are I won't be playing it either. But I am happy that you enjoy it! It must be really good exercise.

Linda said...

Dianna, the game is something like playing ping-pong on the floor. There's definitely some skill involved which I haven't totally mastered, but it's fun and it IS good exercise. Thanks for your comment.