Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday, Ap. 4, 2008

MY FIRST DAY BACK IN NY

This is my first full day back in NY. I arrived in Albany yesterday at about 2 pm. It was sunny and pretty mild. The "sunny" part was very pleasant. Today, however, was another story. It dawned greyer than grey and was raining. It stayed that way all day. Okay--the pleasures of living in the northeast.

The flight home was uneventful, although long. After landing in Seattle, we discovered that our connecting plane would be two hours late arriving. No problem. The airport was practically empty (it was 11 p.m. Seattle time, still only 8 p.m. Hawaiian time)--plenty of seats and stretch-out room, and quiet. So I found an outlet, put my feet up, turned on the computer and wiled away the time. We finally left the runway about three hours after the scheduled time.

Because of the delay, I missed my next connecting flight in DC, but got on the next plane.

It was actually good getting to the house. Coming home is just that--coming home to the familiar and comfortable. After about 1/2 hour, it seemed like my trip to Hawaii was just a dream. Had I really been there? Was I really standing on the beach watching the sunset just two days ago?

Time is a very strange thing. At least I have my pictures and memories to prove I was really there. And the hope of going back next winter.

I spent the day cleaning the house, specifically my studio/computer area. Very gratifying.

Aloha

No comments: