Thursday, August 14, 2008

ALTAMONT FAIR

Last night several of us from the photo club went on a field trip to the Altamont Fair. It was amazing that it didn't rain. It got real cloudy for a while, but it stayed dry, at least in Altamont. As I was driving home, I could tell by the wet roads that it had rained quite hard in other places.
We met at the main gate at 6 pm, chatted for a few minutes, then went our ways to photograph the fair.


I took some pictures of the rides when it was still light, but as it got darker, the photo ops got better.








This performer is from Trick Pony, which I probably never listened to. But she's gone out on her own recently and is into country now. She has a single called Johnny and June, a tribute Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. I took about a zillion photos of her, but the majority of them were out of focus. It was still fun, it's the closest I've ever been to a performer...


When I was ready to leave, I turned around to head toward the gate and I saw this scene: the moon next to the ferris wheel. It was so awesome-looking that I couldn't resist unpacking all the gear and setting up the tripod again.


So ended another good evening. Aloha

No comments: