Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Wedding

Yesterday we attended a wedding. Laura, the daughter of a good friend of mine, married Ben. If you remember from one of my earlier posts, Laura's mom and I were in the hospital together after delivering our babies just one day apart.

Yesterday was a long, full day, but the weather was beautiful and everything went along without the usual glitches that seem to occur on most wedding days.

The wedding took place in our church, so the girls were able to get ready right next door in the manse.



This is the sign that greeted the bride and her father upon entering the church vestibule. We have several pranksters in our congregation, so ergo, the sign...


Here are the bride and her dad beginning their walk down the aisle.



Here are Ben and Laura.

Between 8-10 years ago, our church had a field trip to Water Slide World. Caleb, Ben (not the Ben Laura married) and Laura hung out together that day, and I managed to get a photo of them together.

At the reception, I convinced them to let me take their photo again. The boys weren't too excited about it, but they finally got up when I promised that if they let me get a couple of shots I wouldn't bother them again the whole day.

So while the three of them were standing there, I added another friend, Tiffany. These four graduated from high school 3 years ago, and even though they attended different schools, we had a graduation party for them together at church.




Our ex-pastor, his wife, and son came up from Maryland for the wedding, and we were seated at the same table at the reception. It was good visiting with them. It was a good day.

No comments: