Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Favorite Book

This is the first day of my self-assignment of taking and posting at least one image a day, and I already almost forgot about it. I got home from work around 3 and immediately got busy doing some things to get ready for the meeting I have to attend tonight. As I sat down to rest for a few minutes, I remembered about the "daily photo". For a few minutes I was stymied! What, what, what, should I photograph? As I wandered around in a fog, I spied this book lying on the counter. If you'll notice on my sidebar, it is one of my favorites. I've chosen it for my turn at book group next month, so I just finished it again (for the 4th time in my life) last night.

It was written in 1954 about two brothers who lived in Manhattan during the early 1900s. It's a totally fascinating, true story about the psychology behind how the brothers became reclusive and how their lives deteriorated into a nothingness which included paranoia, fear and bitterness.


If there's a chance that you might want to read it, be forwarned that there aren't very many copies of it in the libraries. I found several for sale on amazon for reasonable prices, but I also found some on other booksale sites where the prices were outrageous.


There are several different books by this name, so make sure you get the one written by Marcia Davenport.

No comments: