Saturday, August 02, 2008

My Bucket List and Go Kart Races


Tonight I was surfing blogs of different photographers I found online and came across one that had a list of 101 things the author wanted to accomplish, and that gave me the idea that having a "bucket list" is probably not a bad idea. I haven't seen the movie but I like the concept.


Many years ago, when the "Chicken Soup For the Soul" books first became popular, one of the first in the series had a chapter that listed a long series of things the author hoped to accomplish. I was impressed by that list at the time but never made any effort to compile a list of my own.



So now I've started a list. It's to the right of these posts. It's short right now, but I hope to add to it as time goes by. I also hope to put completion dates next to the items when/if I'm able accomplish them.

Our family has a budding race car driver on the rise. Jacob, 5-years-old, is trying his had at Go Kart racing. Last night was just his second time and he did great. At one point, a car in front of him spun out and was facing in the wrong direction. As Jacob came around the turn, his mother stopped breathing, but he made us all proud by the way he swerved around the stalled car, and went on his merry way. Jessica finally started breathing again...

I deliberately used a slow shutter speed on this image--makes it look like he's burning up the track.



By the end of the evening, it was dark, but I wanted to get a shot of the whole family (minus Mackenzie who was at a friend's birthday party). I shot this without flash--when I got home I then wondered why it never occurred to me to put the flash on. hmmmm It was one of those "zone out" situations.

Until next time, Aloha

No comments: