Friday, November 06, 2009

Couldn't Find the Photo

The other day I posted that I was keeping an eye out for a photo of my granddaughter. It was taken by a newspaper photographer who said she didn't know if/when it would run in the paper. I've looked every day and, voila, no photo. (According to my daughter, it was taken at a local Halloween party. I didn't get the chance to see the kiddies in their costumes, so I was looking forward to seeing the picture--oh well)

But today I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the "Star Student" ceremony at school. Lauren didn't know she had been chosen, but we all knew. She's in kindergarten.

Before the awards began, the 4th graders sang a few songs. Those kids crack me up--they're sooooo cute. They're enthusiastic, energetic, optimistic, excited. They haven't become jaded and cynical yet. Their faces beam and they still like grown-ups, thriving on the encouragement and love that we give them.

I get teary-eyed when I watch them. Is that a surprise to anyone who knows me?

So this group of 4th graders sang. Their first song was "America". I'm so glad I live in a small town where patriotism and God still mean something.

Lauren with her award. I couldn't stay any longer to get more photos. I like this one. She cracks me up, too.

3 comments:

trishalyn said...

PRECIOUS!!! You've captured the sweet innocence of childhood.

Congratulations to Lauren on her award!!! Glad grandma was able to be there for her!!!

Anonymous said...

yes, congratulations Lauren!

i always love the singing they do, they do a terrific job. (i tend to tear up also ;) )

philmary said...

Love Love love camera,,How much?