Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mace

I got to spend some time with my grandson, Mace, today. He came here right after school. We did some computer stuff and then we headed outside for some photos. It's been a long time since we've done a photo session.

My yard is really pretty pathetic looking. Ugly trees and scraggly bushes accompanied by old cars, car parts, lawn mowers and even a small sail boat dot the landscape. (If you've ever seen Sanfaord & Son, you might have an idea of what my yard looks like). So it was very tricky to get shots of him without "junk" in the background. We didn't have much time, so we couldn't even get in the car and go someplace that looked better.

But-----I got some shots of him that I'm happy with and now I can finish the project I'm working on as a gift for his mother AND I've got some current photos of him for myself. Whoohooo.


3 comments:

trishalyn said...

Really awesome portraits, Linda...I especially LOVE that first one!!! You certainly have a good looking grandson!!!!!

His mom is really going to love these photos! (Though I hope you didn't spoil the surprise. Does she follow your blog?) :-)

philmary said...

Nice and calm looking kid..The second one is neat how he is wrapped up in the tree and is tenativly looking out at you

J.L.Velez said...

They both are great shots. I love his expression on the second one but wish the tree branches weren't obstructing his face so much. Great poses though!