Saturday, February 13, 2010

Same Old, Same Old....

Well, I just finished reading the blog posts of my friend, Bridget, who seems to be on a roll with her posts. Seems like she's been posting almost daily. Ok! Puts me to shame. So instead of just loading these images into a file and forgetting them, I was motivated to put them up as a post of my own. Even though....it's the same old, same old, beach, turtle and sunset that I've posted many times before.

I keep thinking I'll get sick of taking the same shots every time I'm on turtle duty, but I lug the camera along with me thinking that "this might just be the day when I get THE shot." The shot of what, I'm not sure, but as I've mentioned before, "hope springs eternal".

Who knows... Carrie Underwood is here to shoot a movie about Bethany Hamilton, the young surfer who's arm was bitten off by a shark...I might run into her--sure, like that's going to happen! AND, the ship that will be used in the new episode of "Pirates of the Carribean" is landing in Oahu tomorrow (even though the episode is not scheduled to begin production until this coming summer). Stay tuned, I might manage to get a shot or two of that.

Anyway, back to this post. I've mentioned before that I enjoy watching the people as much as the turtles. This particular group was especially fun and I couldn't resist getting their expressions and body language on "film" (as we used to say in the days of film--what exactly do we say now--"on sensor"? Doesn't sound quite as nice, huh?)

So enjoy--people, turtles and sunset. Just a typical day as a Honu Guardian on the sunset shift.





2 comments:

Bridget said...

again, beautiful turtle and surf shots!
i liked the turtle watchers in red.
i feel warm all of a sudden:)

trishalyn said...

"Same Old, Same Old..."

It might be the "same old" subject, but...just like a snowflake...each image is beautiful and unique. Please keep them coming!!!

That sunset is breathtaking!!! :-)