Monday, February 15, 2010

Finally, a Beach Day!

I was finally able to get to the beach yesterday, without the obligation (enjoyable as it might be) of "guarding the Honu". So I headed south this time to Ala Moana Beach, which I love. It's right on the edge of the the tourist section of Honolulu, so it's not as busy & crowded as Waikiki. It was, however, President's Day weekend which I completely forgot, until I arrived there and wondered why there were so many people with barbecues and tents set up, so it was a little more crowded than it usually is on a Sunday.

But even in its "crowded" condition, it was still great. Following are some random images from the afternoon. I basically "parked" myself on my beach chair and swiveled around to see what was available to shoot.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the one with the colorful umbrella's...and the beach 'stuff'they had toted along ...made me envious to be there and enjoy the sun , surf and just read my book...ummm Jean

Trisha said...

Terrific! I love images where subjects are not aware of the camera....which in this case, are all of them!

It's snowing outside and I'm sitting here wrapped up in a blanket. Life is not fair, is it?! :-)

Bridget said...

feeling slightly jealous.
snow and slush today.
love the images of the surfers and swimmers in the water in the water.lifyi