Saturday, March 06, 2010

A New Beach

Yesterday we had plans to go snorkeling. When we woke up, it was raining and when it stopped raining it remained cloudy, so no snorkeling for us. Sigh.

I had to work a sports job in the afternoon not too far from a beach I've never been to. When the job was done, I headed over to the beach. Not too exciting, but definitely a place I'm going to keep in mind. It's close by and word is that it's never too crowded. But it has a great view of Diamond Head and Honolulu. Even though it was sunny where I was on the beach (where was the sun in the morning when I wanted to snorkel???), it was gray and hazy in the Honolulu area, so the photos are less than stellar.

Still, it was a nice respite on the beach and it was fun watching the kids playing.



If you click on the image below, you can see Honolulu off in the distance.


4 comments:

philmary said...

Japeil is straining to get to lunch.

I always enjoy how you isolate and position solitary figures in a vast landscape..I said this when you shot the guitar player ..The latest beach scenes are haunting as is the beach scene a la Burt Lancaster/Debora Kerh

Bridget said...

soooo beautiful!
i love the sand and surf one !
the one with the little girl in the green swimsuit is also very nice.

trishalyn said...

Very beautiful, Linda! I especially love the angles created by lines of the beach/ocean...and the partial silhouettes. I hope some of these make it into your 2011 calendar! :-)

J.L.Velez said...

These are so beautiful. Looks like perfect weather out there. I also love the first one from the post below this with the footprints. That sky is incredible! I left my assignment photos on my blog so please check um out and let me know what you think!