Friday, April 02, 2010

The Glass Maker

Spent some time in Haleiwa the other day. Shave Ice was the main reason. I only have about 4 more weeks here, so I decided I'd better head up there a few more times to enjoy the treat. We walked around for several minutes and stopped to visit the glass shop. There are beautiful glass pieces of vases, turtles, octopi, dolphins, etc.

The glass-maker was working on some figures and I was able to make some images through the glass enclosure.




Another license plate. I happen to know the person with this plate. Without knowing him, I probably wouldn't have been able to decipher the meaning. This stands for "master gunnery sargent. He just made rank and celebrated by ordering a vanity plate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yhat must have been an interesting trip...were you able to purchase any of the glass figures?
You should learn to make the Shaved Ice and then you could treat us all...J

trishalyn said...

Enjoyed your images of the very talented glass-maker! Did you get a chance to speak to the glass-maker? What an interesting story that would make to go along with your wonderful photos!

I also liked the newest addition to your license plate collection! It's too bad you couldn't get the story behind each of your license plate images...wouldn't that make an interesting book? :-)

Bridget said...

i love the glass maker shots!!!!
they are wonderful!
i like the way you included the hand in the last.
always ready for a new license plate pix:)

J.L.Velez said...

I love the glass shots as well. There is something so appealing to photographing fire, I love the end result. Plus your pics reminded me of the scripture on my blog, Psalm 66:10. Sometimes God tests us by fire and the result is always good!

Haole Girl In Hawaii said...

Very interesting photographs of such an intricate process. You have a good eye for these details.