Friday, April 16, 2010

The Wai'oli Tea Room

Yesterday two friends and I went to the Wai'oli Tea Room for lunch. It's in the suburbs of Honolulu. Very sweet place. Very green and lush environment. These images were made with my point and shoot, so they're not spectacular--mostly just-for-the-record.






One of the ladies ordered quiche. It was so amazingly good that she asked the waitress if she knew how it was made. The waitress said she'd ask the chef and the next thing we knew, the chef was sitting at our table giving us the low-down on how he created the quiche.

Then he shared this note with us about an up-coming lunch request.

Later in the day I was running some errands and came across this license plate. It says it all!

5 comments:

trishalyn said...

The Tea Room looks very inviting...and I enjoyed the story of the chef sitting down at your table. Was that a photo of your friend's quiche? It looked more like a luscious cheesecake!

I'm ready for another trip to The Whistling Kettle!
:-)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to climb in the photo and find a great table and just enjoy....what a charming place...and the Chef was a delight..just his grin and the sparkle in his eyes..and I agree if that was the quiche..whew...yummy...it looked like a grand dessert...go again..just for me....Mahalo...Jean

Bridget said...

i am feeling a little green (with envy)
a ladies lunch , with some good friends,good food and in hawaii!!!!
i think that looks like key lime pie!!!!
i am so happy you are enjoying your winter in paradise!

Haole Girl In Hawaii said...

I had a tea lunch there a few months ago before a show at the Manoa Valley Theatre. We enjoyed it so much. Thanks for your photos. If you are looking for something to take pics of, try the theatre. Interesting old cemetery in the front.

J.L.Velez said...

I like the look of that salad and pie...YUM!!!