Monday, April 26, 2010

Another Random Mix

A friend of mine wanted to take me to lunch at this place. When we arrived, we discovered that they aren't open for lunch, just dinner, and there was a wedding reception taking place.

We were allowed to walk around the garden and outdoor reception area though. This tree was on the grounds and I thought it was really interesting. I didn't have my wide angle lens with me, so this was the best I could do--my back was up against the building as it was, so I couldn't get any further away. You can see that it's magnificent.

The building in the distance is the restaurant where the wedding reception was taking place.

A sculpture gracing the entrance to the restaurant.

They surprised me with a "flat Linda". I'll be tagging along, in Hawaii, with anyone who wishes to take me with them while I'm in NY. It will be interesting to see where I wind up.

One of the ladies threw a baby shower for her daughter. Just a couple of images from that event.

Julie, the hostess, made this cake with the help of her younger daughter. I see a profession in the future for these two. It was a nice morning and the food was fantastic! And Doug, Julie's husband, made us some awesome smoothies--they rival any I've had anywhere. Move over Jamba Juice!! (and I got to spend some more time in the beautiful basketball court! see the post from March 29)

Leah's birthday is May 4. I'll be in NY by then, so I made her a cake and we wished her happy birthday at Bible Study last night.

This last image was a recreation, but I absolutely love it. I think it's my favorite--I love the expression on her face. Sometimes the most spontaneous shots are the best.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the Flat Linda was a neat idea and I too would love to see where she 'goes' after you are back on the mainland...Things like that are so much fun..
Leah's birthday cake and the shower cake were lovely and I too enjoyed the expression on Leah...she has grown into a lovely young woman.
Looking forward to seeing you 'for real' soon...Jean

trishalyn said...

FLAT LINDA IS ADORABLE!!! :-)

Enjoyed your blog posting and all the photos, too!

Bridget said...

sounds like more good times.
so happy to see leah!

philmary said...

Never saw candles like those..how are you always able to get people to pose for you..no questions asked