Friday, April 23, 2010

Eating at the Commissary

I was out with my friend the other day and she had to do some grocery shopping on the way home. We stopped at the Commissary, where there is also a food court. Well, she and I have never met a food court we didn't stop and eat at, so before shopping we indulged ourselves. The neat thing about this one is that since it's on one of the military bases, it's populated mostly by military personnel. Yeah for our troops.

So you know how I love funky signs and license plates. On the way out I noticed the following three signs and couldn't resist recording them. I think this first one should be posted in every public eating place...


I really dropped the ball on photographing this last sign so it would be clear enough to read. But under the image is the translation.

PUSH
You can have things your way and pull if you want,
but this door is pretty stubborn.
Okay, maybe these signs haven't made you laugh out loud,
but I still think they're pretty clever...

Another day I was at a friend's house and her daughter showed me some of the artwork she's been doing. She's very talented and her artwork is truly beautiful. She also makes custom crafted jewelry with gemstones. Once she gets her blog up and running, I'll post a link to it so you can see her creations--and maybe buy some for yourselves or for gifts.

This is my favorite. If you enlarge the image, you'll see that there will eventually be a border which will act as a frame.

Okay, now it's off to the North Shore (possibly a Shave Ice), where I hear the surf is pretty high. The sun is shining, the wind is just a breeze and I have hours to enjoy one of my last days on Oahua.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree..Yeah for our troops...
enjoyed the signs and really thought the art work was amazing..I would be interested in the jewelry....so will look for her blog...
Looking forward to your return...Jean

trishalyn said...

I liked the look that lady soldier was throwing your way! :-)

Cute signs....and very beautiful artwork. I'll look for the link to the artist's blog, too! :-)

Bridget said...

love seeing all the troops enjoying a meal.
very clever signs that speak of the attitude in hawaii.
it was kind of mean to run it in about the north shore, the surf and the shaved ice :)