Sunday, April 28, 2013

Only 11 Days Left
45/365

So.  

Sadly I have to say that I only have 11 days left on the island.  In honor of that fact, I decided to take a trip to the North Shore today.  It was beautiful and sunny and there weren't any big waves, so it wasn't too crowded.

The following photos are just random images I took while at the beach.  I don't know the people and there wasn't much activity going on, so this is what you get.


Every time I see the water looking like this, all I can think is that it's so beautiful it looks fake.  But really....that's the color it is!  All I did in post-production was darken the exposure a little to replicate what I actually saw with my eyes.  Stunning, eigh? 


Just a random couple sunning themselves.  I was kind of intrigued by the tattoos. 




I stopped at the Dole Plantation for a look-see.  On the grounds of the gift-shop they have small plots of different varieties of pineapple growing.  This is just one variety and I completely forgot to look at the information to find out what it is.  


I also stopped in Haleiwa for my next-to-last Shave Ice.  Maybe next time I go to Matsumoto's  I'll be with someone and I can have them take a pic of me with my favorite Island treat. 


3 comments:

trishalyn said...

Aaaw...beautiful images! I'm going to miss these!!!

PurrJM said...

Absolutely love the pineapple!

Anonymous said...

I just died. I can't wait until I can go to the beach this summer. It is only a few weeks away, yet it feels like forever. Your photos capture the essence of the surf's up beach theme perfectly. Can I come along next time?

Kelly
missionrecipe.blogspot.com