Monday, March 06, 2023

65/365
Eyes of the Lorax

Abilene has the nickname of "Storybook Capital".  There are a couple of parks in town where there are statues of storybook characters.  The parks are very sweet and very child-orientated.

These are the eyes of The Lorax. 
 The assignment of my photo club this month is eyes.  Ick.  I have no imagination so I figured I wouldn't submit anything for the assigned topic, then I happened upon the statue today during my walk around town.  

I love Dr. Suess and read a lot of his books to my children, but somehow I never read this one.
Apparently the book is about human greed being the cause of the destruction of the natural environment. 
The "lesson" is basically, "nothing will get better if no one cares".

My heart is grateful today for:
the friend I play racketball with every week

No comments: