Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunday, Feb 10, 2008







Today is the first Sunday that Pastor Doug is back from Presbytery where he received his call to be organizing pastor of Redeemer OPC. He's really pleased and everyone in the congregation is happy and excited. This was also the first Sunday that "fellowship lunch immediately following church" was implemented. So after cleaning up the school, everyone went directly to the Bayles home to get things ready for lunch.








As in every congregation, there are Marys and there are Marthas.






After lunch, Doug was presented with a brand-spanking new leather Trinity Hymnal. He was very happy with it. After taking a look at it, it was passed around to the congregation for them to sign.







After the hymnal presentation, Doug did the honors of cutting the cake.



Betty and Britt Bayles are the hosts of the Sunday evening Bible Study/dinner, and today's noon luncheon.





Micalea Bayles and Leah were sitting on the steps. When I came around with the camera, Leah tried to hide, but then realized it was a lost cause. Micalea didn't quite understand that it would be less painful to smile and get it over with, even though Leah tried to tell her... This is the first photo of Leah that I've taken since arriving in Hawaii.





When we all left the Bayles home, it was still a beautiful, warm day, so I decided to go to the beach. When I got home, though, I dawdled away the time and didn't actually get to the beach until about 5. No matter, it was still great, the waves were beautiful and there were a few people surfing and I had my book and camera. I didn't really intend to take any photos--you know, just how many photos of sand and sunsets can you take??? Well, by the time the sun was actually setting, there was some real pretty color, so I figured, what the heck??!!

As is often the case with un-pre-meditated photography, I like the series I took today better than any so far. Just another reinforcement to always have a camera at hand! Not a lot of cloud action, but the color was very pretty.






The sun's reflection the the water is just sweet.

This shot is after the sun went down below the horizon. Often the color gets really good then and reflects off the clouds, but that didn't happen today. I liked the silhouette of the guy walking along the beach though.

Always, always, always turn around and see what's behind and to the side of you. While taking the sunset shots, I saw this surfer--he came the closest to the shore of any of them. This is actually an isolated piece of a larger photo, so if it were larger you could see that it isn't as sharp as it should be. But I like it, it's probably the best surfing picture I've ever gotten, so it's basically "for the record".

surf=nalu

surfer=He'e nalu

surfboard=papa he'e nalu

No comments: