Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2008


I was driving to the beach at around 4 pm, knowing full well that I didn't have much sun time left, but also knowing that from 4 to sunset is a beautiful time to be at the beach. Good for reading, watching and just relaxing. I saw hoards of school kids at the outrigger launch site and figured there was probably going to be a meet. Oh dear, what to do. Loll on the beach, or go take pictures of the races??? The beach won out.

After a while it started to cloud over pretty good, so I thought it would be a good time to head over to the races and see if they were still going on. Sure enough, they were done, but everyone was standing around waiting for the kids to get done taking the canoes out of the water. It was a very cool sight.












It seemed a little chaotic, but everything was obviously under control since the canoes were removed from the water in an amazing semblance of order.

While waiting for some space at the launch, this group continued to paddle around

When the activity died down and almost everyone was gone, I walked to the other side of Magic Island in the hopes that the sunset would be pretty again tonight. I know, I know, how many photos of sunsets can one take? Well, there's always the hope that the next one (sunset) is going to be the killer and I'll be there for it.

While standing on the beach waiting, I did my little look-around-and-see-what-else-you see routine. I thought these baby palm trees were cute, and even though it isn't a dynamite photo, I like it.

This is one of the first of about 15 I took of the sunset. I think the sailboat is a nice touch.

As the sun got closer to the horizon, there wasn't much cloud action happening, but the color was pretty and I loved the reflection on the water right near the beach. I waited until about 15 minutes after the sun went down behind the horizon, and still nothing to write home about. I gathered up my belongings and headed home. I'm finally able to get home from Magic Island without using the GPS. Very fun.

No comments: