Monday, February 04, 2008

Sunday, Feb. 3, 2008

It's been a pretty quiet day. Yesterday, Sat., Kristine had a workman here to do a bunch of fixer-upper jobs--cabinets put up in the garage along with bike racks, hooks for the ladder, and some other small things, along with replacing toilets, putting new door pulls on the kitchen cabinets, etc. He was here all day.

Kristine's mom was here, and we spent the day cleaning up behind the workman when he was done, putting things away, painting the upstairs hallway. One of Kristine's friends and her husband came over for a while so she, the friend, could do some touch-up painting and he could connect the wireless router for the internet. That's finally done so now I don't have to be attached to the ethernet cable when I'm online. I kept feeling like I was imposing on Kristine by having to sit right next to her whenever I wanted to be online.

Today we went to church. Their elder preached since the pastor was at Presbytery in CA. for the weekend. His message was great, but unbelievably, he talks faster than my elder in NY. I was exhausted when the service was over.

Good news for Redeemer OPC here in Oahu. Doug Watson, who was here as interim pastor, has been called to be the official organizing pastor. I know his wife, Sue, is happy too because the first week I was here she told me she really likes being in Hawaii and would love to be able to stay for a while. So the Lord granted her heart's desire, and provided the church with a great pastor.

More rain today. I heard talk that a couple of years ago they had 30 straight days of rain. Sigh!

No comments: